Dee wanted to have her friend S over for the night. She didn't get to ask her, so I sent a text to S's mom and asked. Then I thought, "I'll go one step further. I also asked her friend's A's mom. When I told Dee, she was not happy. She only wanted s.
And I must say, DEE WAS RIGHT!
S & A mostly left Dee out. Dee did not help. She kept pulling away. She didn't go to get ice cream with us. She didn't eat the same thing we ate at breakfast. She didn't sleep on the floor with the girls, but came up to her to her bedroom. She complained the girls talked to loud.
I took the electronics early because they were not talking to her. It didn't matter. I didn't return them until everyone was dressed and had their teeth brushed. We took A home early.
With only Dee and S, it was a little better. Dee decided to show her power by being mean to me. She never once said anything respectful. I stopped talking to her. It would be something like, "Dee, what do you want for lunch?" "Nothing! Sheesh!" I'd get quiet, and she would say, "Mom are you OK?" I had to wait for her friend to leave this evening and tell her her disrespect of me or any other adult will not be tolerated.
I also have to go through her texts. I suspect they will be fine. I'm sure she had some I wouldn't approve of, but they were probably on her friends' phone. They are boy crazy. And one girl's mom has let her have a boyfriend at 11 or 12. They asked to go to the open gym nearby. NO! I know from the past that boys meet girls there. When Dee was texting before, she was planning to meet some boy who lived across the street. I learned my lesson from the chaos at the skating rink. Then they asked if they could walk to the convenience store. We live in the suburbs. That's just not what kids do. So, I don't think Dee will make great decisions if I'm not there to stop her.
I told her some things directly. Other things, I let her overhear me tell my mom about. So, this weekend is the exact opposite of last weekend! Darn it!
Saturday, February 9, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment