Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Losing Chloe

March 3, 2003 - January 11, 2014
In the Arm of Jesus
 
 
 
Chloe had not been feeling well all day Saturday.  She had days like that.  I did noticed that I was not stepping in her urine like normal.  She was on a diuretic and we had puddles all over the house, all of the time.  I started watching her that evening.  She was a bit antsy.  She kept roaming around looking for something.  It occurred to me that she might be looking for a place to die.

I took her downstairs and she continued her roaming.  She asked to go out a couple of times.  The last time I took her out, she amazed me.  She could hardly move anymore, but she ran with all of her might.  I caught her, and brought her back. 

I finally told her if she wanted to die alone, that was OK with me.  I kissed her and told her I'd be back in 15 minutes.  I went upstairs and she followed about 5 minutes later.  I do not know how she found energy to get up those stairs.  I settled her and Rox in my bed for the night.  And turned out the lights.  I saw her take three huge breaths with 15 - 30 seconds in between, and then my Chloe was gone.

I woke up Dee and told her I THINK Chloe had died.  We went in together.  I tried to lift Chloe and her head just flopped.  Her eyes were open and her tongue was hanging.  We pronounced her dead.  January 11, 2014.  She died at 11:55 if I use her last breath.  We wrapped her and placed her in the car.

The next morning we took her to Rolling Acres Cemetery. 

It was one of the saddest things I've ever lived through.  I was immediately grateful that I was home.  She had died on her own.  I had done everything I could for her.  But I was so sad to lose her.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment