Monday, May 21, 2012

The Big Week is Here

In Sunday School today when Dee read, she read as well as any of the other children.  I was so pleased.  I stopped the next reader and asked the kids, "Hasn't Dee gotten much better with her reading?"  They all agreed and had nice things to say.

We ate lunch out.  Dee was head down and looking mad the whole time.  She finally wrote a note asking if she could get her hair braided.  I circled "no."  She lost that privilege a month or two ago.  She knows it, but she still wanted it.  She continued in silence.  After a while, I asked if that is what we must do when she doesn't get her way.  She asked (with some attitude) what did I want her to talk about.  I offered:  1) You are in your last week of elementary school.  2) You are about to start day camp at middle school.  3) We are leaving on vacation this week.  4) You are turning 11 this week.  5) We have to plan treats to school this Tuesday.  6) We have to plan your birthday at Aunt Donna's. 

She yelled, "I get it."  Then she struggled, but eventually started talking.

We all four took a nap together in my bed.  She has a fun and stressful week.  I have a stressful and busy week.

Seven days to age 11.  Six days to Disney.  Five days to treats on the porch of Aunt Donna.  Three days to the big choir performance.  Four days to the last day of school.  Two days to 5th grade awards ceremony and birthday treats at school.  One day to choir practice at the high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment