Sunday, May 13, 2012

Life Lesson

Yesterday, when walking into Walmart.  I saw two police cars.  As we walked in, I said, "Yup...a shoplifter."  Dee grunted something that meant, "Why are you telling me?"  We walked by a policeman patting down a person.  A plain clothes security guard bragging that patience was a virtue.  A clerk going home telling her kids that they caught a thief.

I saw Dee walking with her hands hugging her body.  I was going to warn her about stealing, but I didn't have to.  She was on her p's and q's.  She has heard me say that it can happen, but a picture is worth a thousand words.

I actually have never seen them pat someone down.  But in our little town, our store will give the option of being prosecuted or standing in a case near the street so everyone knows you tried to steal.  (I have not seen that in a couple of years, so people have stopped stealing or the store has done away with that option.)  It was good for her to see.  Maybe this is what her impulse will need to help control it.

No comments:

Post a Comment