Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Dee has been doing relatively well.  She does do spurts of kindness and not so kind.  I'm going to start tracking them to see if they are PMS.

Chloe is wheezing again with her congestive heart failure.  It breaks my heart.  We are enjoying our foster dog, Otis.  He was tough to get use to but he fits in great.  But...he leaves next week for his new home.  We will miss him.  I think Roxy will miss him most of all.  She humps him all of the time.  All the dogs are eating better trying to keep their share protected.

Dee cleaned her room Saturday.  She did a great job so she could get my record player/cd player/radio in the room.  On the other hand, I'm still living in the land of chaos in my room.  She is naturally a better cleaner.

Dee and I ate out last week.  I took the opportunity to ask her some questions.  I asked how friends were going.  I told her I noticed when I pick her up, she is never playing with other kids.  She responded, "Mom I have friends.  I'm popular."  OK.  So then I asked her about taking the shots.  I asked her if it helped her feel safe.  She didn't care one way or the other.

Dee finished the first quarter with a 3.4 grade point average on a 4.0 scale.  I'm very impressed.  The school gives lots of second chances, but she has used them well.

She and I re-watched October Baby.  It is a movie about an abortion survivor's attempt to find her birth mom.  One scene shows the adoptive father after he tracks the girl down telling her boyfriend to stay away from his daughter.  The boyfriend says, "She is not your daughter.  She has a right to find out who she is."  I said to Dee, part of what he said is not right.  She said, "She is not your daughter."  Then she said, "It's sort of true."  I told her it was not true.  He adopted her and he was her father.  She argued, "He wasn't there when she was born."  I reminded her I was not there when she was born either.  She argued back that I sort of was.  I made her finally say I was not there, so it could be straight in her head.  So another interesting Dee conversation.

All in all, these are going OK. 

No comments:

Post a Comment