Before we ate, Dee and I wrote quickly 10 things we were thankful for.
I wrote in brown and she wrote in orange.
I asked Dee to dress the doggie girls for dinner.
She put coats on them! It was 70 degrees outside.
But she decided that was cute.
Dee did Black Friday shopping. (So did I.) I shopped while she slept. She never knew. I got two pair of jeans, pj's, earrings, cologne and shoes for $60. Good deal! Dee shopped differently. She listed what she thought was a good deal on a paper by store from the ads. Then she looked for the items and declared who it was for! She is completely done with her shopping.
********************************************************************
I have been sort of sick, and unable to get too much done. I would use all of my energy to get through work and Dee's extracurriculars. Then, I would come home and just fall asleep. Because of that, Dee got three D's on tests. She has learning disabilities, so it takes a lot of work to keep her up to speed. When I felt well enough to pay attention, her life got bad! :) I started using the "s" word, and Dee hates that word: study!
**********************************************************************
After D's good run, some kid in her class asked her if she lost $50. She said "yes." The kid believed her and gave ther the $50 bill. She then spent time trying to figure out how to get rid of it. So, she spent part at the book fair. Whew! She had $37 now, but at least she didn't have that $50 bill. Of course, the kid who actually lost the money realized he lost it. Dee was confronted and lied. I was called. She was suspended (in school) for two days. And her reputation at school with the teachers was ruined. I was sad for her. No matter how many times I role play with her, she doesn't get it. She said she didn't know how to un-do the original lie. Even though the teacher gave her a couple of chances, she thought it was too late. I told her, "You will always get an easier consequence if you tell the truth before someone else figures it out."
**********************************************************************
Roxy and our foster dog, Otis, were in the backyard after a very windy night. The wind had blown our gate ajar. The two ventured out. (I would have thought Roxy would come tell...but apparently I do not know Roxy.) Dee and I started searching within minutes. I couldn't find them, so I got into the car and drove to the nearby big street. I sat, and said to myself, "No screeching...they are not here." Just then, "Screech!" A few minutes later, "Screech." I zoomed over, to find my little Roxy, looking spacy as ever, and caught in a big traffic jam. I'm sure no one appreciated such a foo-foo dog (wearing pink bows and pink shirt) causing them to near collide.
The cars waited while I grabbed her. Then I asked her where Otis was, and she led me on a wild goose chase. Actually, Otis had heard our cries and came to Dee. Roxy was the one that ran away.
I'm sure there is more, but let's stop here and consider me caught up!
No comments:
Post a Comment