While walking the dogs this morning, I had this sort of pathetic daydream.
Dee was a freshman in college, and I was excited for her to come home for Thanksgiving. Because 10 years is not enough to deal with attachment issues, she calls right before to tell me she is going home with a friend. A friend who has two parents and extended family over for Thanksgiving. I tell her to have fun, but to call me before lunchtime on Thanksgiving to wish me a happy Thanksgiving.
At the friend's house, someone ask Dee what her family is doing. As she explains, it occurs to her that I'm left alone to do our traditions. Now she is ashamed. So she doesn't call. I am sad because she doesn't call. It's not a good Thanksgiving.
Then I don't like how that worked out, so I did an ending change. (You can do that in a daydream.)
Her friend calls me and tells me that Dee is scared to call me because she thinks I'm sad, and she doesn't want to hear. So, I call Dee and assure her I am OK, and can't wait to see her at Christmas. I'm still a little sad, but now Dee appreciates home and visiting for Thanksgiving. She has a good time, and I took the high road like a Mom is suppose to.
Whew! OK...I'm ready 2019!!!!
Saturday, November 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment