Sunday, March 25, 2012

Joyful Reunion

A few years after I graduated from college, I lived in Arizona.  I worked for the IRS.  I taught high schoolers at my church in Sunday School.  One of my kids for reasons I can't remember needed to live with me.  She and eventually an aunt lived with me for many months.

I did some mission work in Brazil, and we ended up losing touch.  Jessica found me this past weekend on-line.  She had been looking for a long time, as had I.  She was on Facebook but under the name of a famous person in history.

She told me she wrote everything she could think of about me down.  She prayed over the list.  Typed it in Google, and then she found me.  When I saw her friend request, I was stunned.  I had been looking for her too.  I had contacted our old church.  I just didn't know where to look.

When we talked, she said something that really touched me.  She said I made her feel so special.  And she wondered if in all these years how many other kids I had made feel special.  She wondered if she wasn't as special as she thought, and that was just the way she felt as a teen.  I told her I loved all the kids in my class at that time, but she should know, she was special.  She was like a child to me.  And I heard this now 43-year old woman, cry with joy.  She said she felt like a kid again.

The next day, she called to just hear my voice once more.

As I was driving after our phone reunion, I knew for sure if I were to die right then, my life was not in vain.  What a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment