Saturday, March 5, 2011

Chloe turns 8!

My first little doggie, Chloe turned 8 on March 3rd. It was a big day! Chloe came here with an estimated age of 2 or 3. The vet and I chose two, and I made her adoption day, her birthday -- March 3, 2003.

She must have lived a super traumatic life. She was very slow to trust. While at the rescue for the few days she was there, she was spayed and got a severe case of kennel cough. So she came very ill. We bonded in her illness. Last year, the vet wanted to put her to sleep because of her back problems. She looked horrible, and it was apparent she felt horrible.

I had pre-made a decision that I didn't want to put my dogs to sleep, but give them pain relieving hospice as best I could afford. That's what made this birthday so, so special!

I spoke to Dee's class about my career. Then I came home, took Chloe and Roxy to Petco. We wanted to find a new dress, but didn't find anything we loved that they had two of. So...we picked up Dee after school, and went to Barkville . They got some raw diet food. (We don't do raw. We cook it, but they like it.) And Chloe got a toy.

I told Dee if she did anything to take the fun away from Chloe, I would totally regret getting her early. (She knew it wasn't my original plan.) She also did great!

It was a special day. We celebrated Chloe being home for six years and turning 8 years old. So much fun! Such a special day.

God has my baby in His hand. What a comfort. I pray Chloe has at least 8 more years!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment