Today, when I went to pick up Dee from daycare, they had all six of the 4th grade girls sequestered in a room. They were trying to sort out the 4th grade drama. The 4th grade leader had given it her best shot and said she just ended up with six girls crying. No one knew what the bottom line was but it came down to two girls...Dee and her friend C.
Parents began to come to pick up their kids, and they let them all go. Not Dee and C. 45 minutes after I arrived, and 30 minutes after they closed, the director came out with them. What a patient person. He explained they needed to start to move past their problems. They needed to learn to forgive each other.
He told us two parents that between their need to socialize and their horrific hormones, they are just exhausting. He said he just wanted them to be successful.
Dee was happy when she left, and the two girls were talking. That can change tomorrow. The other girls were visibly upset when they left. All of the parents just kept rolling their eyes. But it's just another thing that will make parents tell their kids to stay away from Dee.
I'm grateful for her daycare. If anyone can help with the social skills...I'm thinking they can.
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is such a hard age! I kept telling the ladies in Orlando that it's so hard to know what is attachment issues and what is hormones!
ReplyDelete