Sunday, March 6, 2011

Strike 1, Strke 2, Strike 3 -- You're Out...Wait, Strike 4 --You're really out!

Yesterday, I made Dee go with me to the grocery store. She was talking disrespectfully, and that surely means you are not mature enough to stay home alone. While there, she had some of money from her bank. Lots of coins! But I pointed out that she had to pay me for the donuts she ate without permission and that I had bought for Sunday School. STRIKE ONE MOM.

When we got home, she poured out all her change, and tried to count. I had to help. She had $5.16. She owed me $4.00. I took my $4.00. STRIKE TWO MOM.

Then she was showering and she said, "Who is the best mom in the world? I answered, "Me!" She then asked "Who is the second best mom in the world? I mean, birth mom." I said, birth mothers who do not get to keep their children because of things they did, do not qualify as "best moms in the world." STRIKE THREE MOM.

So at bedtime, she called from the bathroom and said she was sick. I touched her head (you need a fever in our house to be sick), and she was fine. I asked what hurt and she said her stomach. I told her to continue to use the bathroom because that was what going to make a tummy feel better. She asked for a blanket and pillow because it would be long. I told her if she went to sleep, she may as well go back to her room. Going to the bathroom requires work on your part so if you are asleep, then it won't work. (PROBABLY STRIKE FOUR)

About5 - 10 minutes later, Little Miss asked for clean underwear. She had sat in her bed and pee'd! I told her to wash the blanket and the panties. She asked if I were mad. I said, "No, but I don't understand. 10-year olds don't do this." She reminded me that she isn't 10. I said that was true, that 9 year olds don't do this either. It's something a two-year old does.

I need to stand strong on not getting angry about this urination thing. It really bugs her that I'm not mad. I need this to stop, so I have to stay strong. It is super frustrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment