Monday, March 14, 2011

Wrong Heart to Worship God

Yesterday was Sunday.  It was a big day for both Dee and me.  She had Bible Drill practice and pizza, and I had four free hours!  We were both excited.  However, ODD Dee woke up.  When I reminded her of the special day, she whined, "Do I have to go?"  I'm rolling my eyes.  It's all she has talked about for two weeks!  So then she lolly-gagged for Sunday school, and whined and just did not cooperate.  I took my child with hair uncombed to church.  I was mad.  (See bad attitude.)  I told her in the car that she was not invited to Sunday School.  I teach her class, and will not let her upset my class.

So for the second service, I had her sit with the teacher who teaches the first class.  If I didn't think it would have been a reward, I would have let her go to that class.  After Sunday School I let her stay for the pizza party.  I couldn't give her what she wanted that day, and I really wanted my free four hours.  During her sitting through service for the second time, she wrote a list of things she would do or not do:
Clean up every room in the house.  No TV, computer, electronics.  Walk the dogs.  Etc.

She seemed to have had a good time at the Bible drill party.  She learned a little.  Her attitude was better.
I had lunch with a friend.  Then I shopped for a shower gift.  Dropped in at the shower, (also at the church), and picked up Dee.  It went fast, but it was stress-free time.

No comments:

Post a Comment