Thursday, June 23, 2011

Away at Camp

Dee has spent the week at an away camp.  It came at just the right time.  I was happy to see her go, and needed some time to regroup and re-energize.


I took off three days of work while she was at camp to get the full effect.  She is having fun with other kids who have been in or are in foster care.

She wrote me five notes:  Things I could do, Things I could eat; Things I couldn't eat, Things I couldn't do and a I miss you mom note.  She secretly wrote them, and I secretly wrote her five.  My notes are hidden in her Bible, PJ's, toothbrush holder, and luggage.

She will want to know she was missed, but will be sad for her to come home to messy room she left.  Last year, I cleaned her room thoroughly.  This year, it's as she left it.

Good-bye peace...hello beautiful daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment