Well, if I thought reality was Dee's major problem, I was naive!
One night, I got an e-mail from my niece asking me to send her a picture by text message. I went to get my cell phone, and could not find it. I looked everywhere. Then...Dee as clear as a bell asked me what I was doing. Why was this child not sleep AGAIN at 11:30? Well...I was about to find out.
Dee had stolen my cell phone. Probably after I put her to bed. And she was on a bunch of porn sites. I think this is why she could not sleep other nights.
I went nuts! Just crazy. Because the day before, Dee had bitten a little girl on the leg...no upper thigh. I had talked to her about how that could be seen both as violence and sexual harassment. I had noticed these porn sites on my phone history before, but I couldn't positively trace them to her. I wondered if it was some sort of virus. This time, I knew. She denied it even with the evidence in her face.
I determined that the problem was surfacing because of another child in the neighborhood. So the next day, I took Dee to the girl's dad's house and told them that I suspected the girls had been watching porn together, and who knows what else. They had already noticed the girls being mean to others when they were together. So they had forbidden her to be friends with Dee, and it was right in line with my forbidding.
Dee is just very angry. She's mad because she is at zero trust level. She's mad that I accused her of sexual motives when biting that child. (I didn't mention that two weeks ago she had bitten another child and licked him.) I had to tell my little girl that when other people tell their children about stranger danger and bad touching, no one is thinking it could be a 10-year old girl. But it can be or a 13-year old girl.
It's very disconcerting. I felt I was going to have a stroke. I am also talking to a wall. She is within my sight at all time. I left her to go to the bathroom, and told her to stay in her seat. She went in the backyard, and the next thing I knew she was calling the girl's name she is commanded to stay away from.
Dee is going to take 10 years off my life.
Sunday, June 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I get it. I so get it! Wish I didn't.
ReplyDelete