Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year...Slow Beginnings

Dee became very use to the time off we had.  Even though we only did four-day weekends, we had two of them in a row.  It was very relaxing and nice to be home.  She was not excited school started back this week, but I was.  I felt we needed some routine.

Dee's teacher is allowing them to bring their electronics in to school to read e-books.  I think it's nice she is encouraging them in any way, but I only foresee problems.  The district has a policy of no electronics at school.  Some kid will lose their iPod, Nook or Kindle.  I hope it works out.  Dee begged and even though I'm going to miss the big investment I have in this iPod, I said OK.  Of course, we had to rush and download a book!

Last night Dee knew her teacher was considering this so she asked.  I told her I needed to hear it from the teacher.  She asked me to not give her her iPod.  (I keep it during the night hours.)  She told me she had plans to sneak it, and it was making her not sleep.  I congratulated her on feeling guilty BEFORE she did the wrong thing instead of AFTER.  It's a huge step.  She did substitute and try to sneak her lotions and lip balms to school.  But when I asked what she had with her that should not go to school, she said, "OK, fine."  And took the bag of items out.  I explained to her after school why she could not take that kind of stuff.  It would distract her to no end. 

Today Dee's quarterly bank statement came in the mail.  She was scared to open it since she has not put any money in during the entire quarter.  She has not done a good job of saving in 2011.  She saved $59.  She could have done more.

Roxy has been acting like she has a urinary tract infection.  I took her to the vet.  We think her urate stones are back.  That can't be comfortable.  My poor baby.  She had an x-ray, and is due for an ultrasound next week.  Vet bills are one big expense.  Yesterday's x-rays and visit was $176.00.  If I have it, my baby is worth it.

Chloe is just being her sweet self.  She does not like having a foster dog in the house.  She has been having vivid dreams involving screams.  She is twice the size of the foster and the foster doesn't care about her.  But she is stressed.

Me...I've had a horrible cold.  I wish it was more than a cold because it has gotten me down, and it seems like it should be something with a more severe name than a "common" cold!

2012...we're loving it so far!  Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment