Tuesday, January 24, 2012

So much!

My little girl is not being very nice.  She has the attitude that won't quit and she is just acting rather mean and entitled.  I've tried various things with her, but nothing seems to work.  In fact, I think to pay me back, she even urinated on some clothes and stuffed them back in my drawer.

I've had to work hard at not picking up her attitude.  I think that is driving her nuts even more.

This morning, for the second day in a row, she refused to get up for school.  She was testing to see if I would do what I said.  I put her clothes in the car and gave her a minute to get out.  She came out as slowly as she could.  I left her and came back five minutes later.  I gave her the option of going to the police station for truancy or to school.

On the way to school, I told her that I've done a lot of things to make her feel loved and special.  Normally, that person would try to make me feel loved and special too.  But she thinks "I'm loved and special, and you are not...and I'll prove it to you."  I told her that I wanted her to know three things:  1) I am special!  2) I am loved.  3)I'm going to prove 1 and 2 to her. 

She didn't have time to grab her eyeglasses this morning, but she did grab her new shoes her aunt sent her yesterday.  (When she called my sister, my sister told her she was surprised I gave it to her.  Children who are disrespectful  should not get new  shoes.  Dee assured her she had changed.)

As I left the school building, she told me she was going to make a plan.  I told her it was a good idea because her current one is not working.  And then after all this early morning drama, she asked "Mom, does skinny jeans go well with high tops?"

On the way to work, I thought "I think it was around this time of the year when her and her siblings came into care for the final time.  They were home for about a month, and then re-entered the foster care system.  Maybe her body knows.

On another note, I have gotten permission to take her to see her younger brother.  She has not been allowed contact with her siblings because she is a bad influence on them.  I won't tell her about it until late February when we are well on our way in our three hour drive there.  I'm excited for her, but I wish she were mentally healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment