My little Roxy Hope is having surgery tomorrow to get all of those stones out of her bladder. I hope she feels much better. Our vet ordered her a special food, that I'm not sure she will eat, but it's critical to at least try to keep stones from forming in her bladder.
This is Roxy's second bladder stone surgery. She had one about four years ago. She was three then, now she is seven. It scares me a little more. I worried last time that she had to stay at the vet even though no one works at night. This time I'm less worried about that because she was so drugged last time, I don't think she even knew she was there. It doesn't make sense to me that she has to stay there. I worry they may come in to a dog that had a heart attack during the night, but what good would being there do?
I bought a Frosty from Wendy's and we shared it. I wanted her to have some special treatment. Roxy is my sweet-tooth girl. (Chloe is more a protein girl.)
I don't think she will go as willingly into the vet's office tomorrow. She has stayed the day two times in a week, so I think she has caught on. Poor baby. I cried last time I took her for surgery, and I suspect I will do it again.
I know they will do their best. I insisted my 30-year old vet does the surgery. I know he is young, but I suspect he'd rather do most anything than tell me something happened to my dog. And that little fear will help him do his best.
----------------------------------------------------------------
(This section is about Dee's period. It can be graphic. Please skip if you'd like.)
Today, is Day 3 of Dee being on her period. My child is very, very literal. So I do make a special effort to tell her exactly what I want her to know. She does not have the ability to transfer, infer or draw conclusions on her own. Here's some of our menstrual conversations.
#1
I told Dee that she had to stop before she left any bathroom and turn and look at the toilet. I said, "Make sure there is no blood left on the toilet seat, and all pads are wrapped and thrown away properly." My sweet little girl asked, "Why would there be blood on the toilet?" I thought that was the end of that conversation. This morning, while I was showering, etc., Dee knocked on the door. She wanted me to know the blood had changed colors, and that there was blood in the toilet. I told her, "That's how periods work." And as I closed the bathroom door, I heard her mumble to herself as she went down the stairs, "I thought it was suppose to go in the pad."
#2
Dee had dance tonight, so she took her dance clothes to school. She changes into her dance wear because we need every minute we can get to make there in time. When I checked her school bag later this evening, I saw her underwear in it. I asked her if she put her pad in her leotard. (I was going to tell her that is not OK.) But she said, "No, it was pretty full, so I threw it away." I asked if she had on any pad, and she said, "No." So I used more picture forming words, "When you are on your period, you must wear underwear and a pad at all times except when you are in the bathtub." I hope that covers it.
#3
Why do we have periods monthly? Why can't the blood come out all at once? I told her it was the way God made us. So, she has decided to take it up with Him.
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment