It's gone. The little patience I use to have. It's gone. No more. Zero. Zilch. Nada.
Dee is just going nuts. I think I'll call her psychiatrist because I cannot take it any longer. She is lying for no reason. She is unfocused. She is disrespectful. She is sneaking.
Every time I drop her off or pick her up, the care person pulls me to the side to tell me something! The last three days at before school care, I've had to have my own temper tantrum because of her disrespect. Those people think I'm crazy!
At gymnastics, she told the teacher she had a broken arm. Of course, the teacher knew that would be impossible since she was there last week too!
It's just constant. In between, she cannot say anything respectfully.
She has also forgotten how to communicate. She can only hear one word in a sentence, and then she focuses on it and argues it.
I should be parenting to her current age - 3. But I can't. I really don't like her right now. And every time I try, she is just hateful.
As I always say..."RAD is contagious. If your child has it, you will catch it." I have a full blown case right now.
Monday, March 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh Mama, been there, felt that. Hang in there. I am praying for you. It is SO HARD, but these are the times they need us most. These are the times when NOT reacting to the "reactive" in RAD is most crucial. Go ahead and have a melt down. Cry, scream, swear, ask God "why," and punch your pillow -- when Dee is not around to see/hear it. When she is, try really hard to be matter-of-fact. Not reactive yourself. Natural consequences to poor choices. (You know the drill.)
ReplyDeleteAgain, it. is. HARD.
I am praying for you.
Hugs,
TMT
Thanks Trauma Mama T, I needed that!
ReplyDelete