So it seems all I do is drive! I work a full day, then I drive Dee to dance, gymnastics, therapy, doctor's, etc. I'm so tired. I've had so much I wanted to blog about, but I was too busy and tired actually living it to do so.
Let's do the good, bad and ugly!
The Good
My little girls were in the Easter parade. They were adorable, but they did not win a prize. I do find it hard to believe, but you know...everyone doesn't get our kind of "cute." We had fun.
Dee has been doing well on the annual state testing at school. Not grade wise, but in effort. She has gotten a four everyday, which means she is trying or doing a good job looking like she is trying.
I dipped into some savings to pay for a trip to Orlando for Dee's birthday. Another adoptive mom, and online friend, who has her travel agent's license or whatever they have, helped me to book the trip. She was helpful because she understood Dee, and she could give me suggestions on the trip to minimize the trauma response.
I got serious about my diet and have been following a diet pretty well. It's a slow weight loss, which is what I want. So, I'm down about 8 pounds. Slow and steady wins the race! But it must be steady!
My little Roxy seemed so sick and angry, but she is doing well with some treatments for really bad allergies.
Someone from my church started a support group using Karyn Purvis' methods.
The Bad
Dee's issue with porn continues to surface. I made her tell me all the sexual exposure she had, and then made her talk about it in therapy. She revealed some things we didn't know, but I think she is still holding back.
It cost too much to eat healthy. Gas is too expensive. I need a higher salary.
Work has been crazy busy. And for as careful as I've been in this very high stress time, I still found an error I made.
The Ugly
Dee had a tantrum the other day after missing medication. She shattered the downstair's kitchen light fixture from stomping in her room above it. MaMa was NOT happy!
We are having a high period of sneaky behavior. I have to watch parents who intend to do good, but who are just making things worse out of their good intentions.
Thursday, April 12, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment