Monday, April 23, 2012

Speak to me after...

Because Dee has such bad mornings, I've asked her not to talk to me in the morning.  At night, we choose her clothes, etc.  I bought her an alarm clock, and when I put her to bed I say, "Good night.  I will talk to you after school/church/dance..."  This means she does not have time to fight or get an attitude.  Three days in and it's working OK.  She got up at the 1 minute warning today and rushed into some clothes.  While on the highway, she threw a paper at me and asked me to sign it.  I told her I would have to read it first.  I would sign it tomorrow.

She is still having a lot of problems with that iPod.  Now that she cannot get to sites I don't want her at, I am telling her I want her report to be free of "porn."  She won't be allowed to go to it, but the software (www.mobicip.com) will tell me if she even tried.

I did tell her it is not easy to like someone who is always mean to you.  She left my side crestfallen.  It's time she learned there are consequences to this kind of behavior.  When she is mean to her friends, she will say, "They understand me."

We did have some fun this weekend.  I picked her and two friends up from daycare Friday night, and we ate out and went to a play.  Saturday, Dee bought a new wallet, and then we hung out at home.  She wanted a mani-pedi but was unwilling to chip in towards the cost.  Sunday, we went to see Chimpanzee.  I'm not a big nature movie person, but I went.  It was better than I anticipated.  Dee fell asleep.

Last night when I was doing her hair, she was mean and yelled, "Would you not pull my head when you do this?"  I said "Sure."  So I straightened it very lightly.  She said, "I don't think this is going to work.  Can you do it regular?"  I said, "No."

One day, she will connect her behavior to things.

No comments:

Post a Comment