Yesterday, Roxy wanted to go for a walk. I took her out and left my computer on. Dee was upstairs and I was suspicious. I asked what she was doing. She said in her room watching TV from my room. When we came back, Chloe wanted to go. Dee resumed the project she was doing in the living room. Chloe did her business rather quickly, and we came back much sooner than Dee anticipated. She was in my room. I thought sneaking candy from my Sunday School bag since she had eaten quite a bit. But when I sat at my computer, I could tell it was touched. I checked history and saw...www.youtub.com. I knew then she was on her way to porn. And the misspelling confirmed it was her. I asked her, but she assured me she was just going to watch a video. So besides making sure my computer is ALWAYS off, and taking her with me on ALL of the dogs' walks, I'm also doing something I'm not so proud of.
Monday, Dee has an Ob-Gyn appointment. I feel it's important that she is protected from having children too early. She has no impulse control. She is more than fascinated by sex...it's more like obsessed. She has seen too much and possibly experienced too much. Her menstrual cycle started early. I feel cornered. I have no choice. But when I play it in my mind, I hate it. "Hi, I would like to get birth control for my 10-year old daughter." It may seem I would condone sex early, but it's quite the opposite. I've told Dee what I want for her and what God wants from her. But I still think I have to be realistic.
So, in 32-hours, I will be doing something you should never have to do with your 10-year old. I think you shouldn't have to do it with your 16-year old even. But you do. It's sad.
Saturday, April 28, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I understand, my friend. My heart hurts with yours. (((hug)))
ReplyDelete