Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sabatoge! Too Much Good!

Dee had her very first sleepover! It went very well. The little girl came over on Saturday about 4:00! I offered to take them bowling, but they had their own plans. They changed into PJ's while I made dinner. Then they ate, and sat down for a movie night! It took a while, and after a bunch of giggling, they finally went to sleep!

We took the friend home before church, and had a good Sunday School class and worship time. We brought two neighbors home for a few hours, and Dee did great! She really helped with them.

I was just enjoying what I pictured normal motherhood to be like!

But the fun was short-lived! At 5:00 on Sunday, I asked Dee to do three things: 1. Take her laundry downstairs. 2. Gather photos to take to school the next day for a project. 3. Bring her friend's coat down so we didn't forget to take it to her.

In reply, Dee went upstairs, and pretended to be stuck using the bathroom to miss dinner. I ate. And when she came down, I fed her. Then I found she had pulled all kind of things out of the cabinets. So I asked her why. She said, "I thought they would help clean." I knew that wasn't right.

I saw on her face, she was upset that I forgave her. So, she got in the tub and said she was running water for a bath. I never heard water. I asked her why I didn't hear water. She ran some, but weird noises came from the bathroom. Finally, I went in, and sure enough she is in the tub, but half-dressed.

I was outdone! I told her I didn't get it. And she started yelling that I should go to time out. And I just stopped talking.

We went through this scenario from both of our points of view for our therapist. She empathized that Dee lost the privilege of having an overnighter. Dee heard me mention that it may impact our vacation to Disney.

I must say, it ranks up in the top three time I have been disappointed in Dee. I told her it was not because she made me angry...that's going to happen. It's because she purposely made me angry. That was just mean and disrespectful!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry Gale... all I can picture is this being EXACTLY something MK would do! Her utter lack of focus had her on the toilet 15 minutes this morning, when she got dressed it took 30 minutes,but she forgot panties, so she FULLY UNDRESSED to put them on. Then in the car she said, "You told me I could take a bath today". I TOLD her she could take a bath today when we left therapy (so I would be able to wash and style her hair). Then she goes, "So we're going to therapy now?" NO DARNIT!! We go at 2:30, every Wednesday, and IT'S ALWAYS BEEN THAT WAY!

    My patience was non-exsistant by the time I dropped them off to school (normally my husband takes them).

    Feel your pain... and most days mine aren't too bad... but I just wasn't in the mood!

    ReplyDelete