Monday, June 11, 2012

Pre-Teen Years...OMG!

Dee brought home a bookmark that she was given from the school where she could read four books and with a teacher's or librarian's signature, she could get a free Wendy's Frosty.  When I saw the paper, I accused her of forgery.  She denied it.  So I scanned it and asked the school administrator to verify it.  To my surprise, they did.  The teacher had asked her high school helper to sign it.  I knew the signatures look young, but when I mentioned it to Dee, she said, "Maybe she is young!  Not everyone has to write like they are 50!"

So, on the day when she was going to be exonerated, what does she do?  She sneaks an old disabled cell phone to school.   I found it, and tossed it in the trash on the way into the building.

When I picked her up, she was her normal moody self.  The daycare worker told me she had a "little" boyfriend.  I told her, "Dee is not allowed to have a boyfriend.  She is 11."  After a little talk, she said that apparently something happened, and Dee was sad.  I suspect the boy told her to stop stalking her.  She so wants to be a teen.


I told her I owed her an apology, but she remained moody.  She didn't eat dinner.  She wouldn't speak to the neighbor who stopped by. 

I took her to tumbling and when I picked her up, she continued.  I checked to be sure she was washing up, and she was.  She has gained a ton of weight.  I sure hope I did the birth control in time.

I'm a little concerned about the freedom they have in daycare.  She is certainly making life difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment