Dee is at camp. Royal Family Kid Camp which is for foster and adopted children who have experienced trauma. I love it. It's church-based. Volunteers who train heavily and want to give these kids the experience of a lifetime. Dee is very contrary these days, so of course, she did not want to go. I did tell her not to get homesick, and she said with feeling, "Oh, I won't." I told her, "I believe that to be true." She said good-bye and she would miss me, and never looked back.
On my part, I felt so much relief. I'm always happy when this week comes. I think God plants it when I need it most, but never more than this year. Next year, I have no idea what I am going to do because she will age out. I need calm time to think through how to deal with the constant of her bad attitude. I need to figure out how to give her what she really wants despite what she says and how mean she says it. and most importantly, I need to figure out how to stay calm and not get pulled into the attitude of it all!
She will be back in less than two days! I have a lot of work to do!
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment