Sunday, August 12, 2012
Church Youth Group
Dee was so excited when she went to the 6th graders intro to youth group. It seemed so grown up and fun. Then today, we went to service, and she had Sunday School for the first time in the youth department. It's the first time in two years I would not be her teacher. When we arrived at the doorway and she saw kids from 11 - 17, she burst into tears. I had to take her back to my class and let her calm down. After a while, more kids her age arrived, so I took her back. I mouthed to one of the kids her age she was nervous and left.
She had an OK time. She was thrilled with the fact they have a little store where you can buy candy, and treats.
She assured me she would be the same way on Wednesday when she starts Middle School. A little bit ago, she came in my room to get clothes for her baby doll, Kaitaya. So, this change is hard for her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment