There are several things I want to catch up on.
Dee
Dee has been doing well. Her teeny bopper attitude does get on my nerve, but I feel she is handling a little more freedom and responsibility. I'm not sure how it's going to work when she has to add school duties.
She is so excited about being in middle school. Well...not the school part, but her first day of school outfit, and decorating her locker. I had to work hard in school for my C, so I know how she feels. Before school starts, you can daydream that you will be an A student this year.
She spent so much money on her locker decorations, I told her she'd have to find a backpack in the basement and re-use it. She was fine with it But it must have bugged her. The next day, she asked if we could please go get a backpack. We found an inexpensive one that she really liked. On the way from shopping she asked, "Mom what is your blessings?" I said I have many. She asked what the greatest one was. I said my salvation. She agreed then told me after that it was her family, and her mom. I knew then that getting that backpack had become a big deal to her.
Chloe
Chloe did not have a good result on her kidney test. We are continuing with the meds, but if the meds mess with her kidney, then she will either die from congestive heart failure or kidney failure. I asked which was the least painful. The vet said we should not worry about that now. I did some research, and think we should have fasted her before her blood test. I will have her fast next time and not take her medicine. I'm hopeful. And between the two, I think kidney failure is the more gentler death. Getting pills down her throat is going to kill me. But this week, I think we will get some liquid meds.
Roxy
I guess Rox did not want to be left out. She was napping on the floor and her ear was flipped over. I saw she was suffering from one of her ear infections, but it was horrible! We are now treating her.
Youth Group
Dee went to our church's youth group welcome tonight. She had a ball. Even though they only had the 6th graders tonight, she liked the idea that older kids will be there. I met her teacher who has not taught at our church, but she works with at-risk kids. I think she will be good for Dee.
Birth Family Ghosts
Dee's former social worker sent a note today that he met with Dee's birth mother a couple of weeks ago. She is trying to adopt one of the siblings. He told her to write an apology to each kid for her part in their neglect and abuse. The letter to Dee came today. He is sending it on. I will not tell or give Dee the letter until later in her life. Now is not the time.
Tired...And Getting More Tired
Our fall schedule is a mess:
Mondays - Therapy (every other week) and Dance (weekly)
Tuesdays - Tutoring (weekly) and Dance (weekly)
Wednesdays - Youth Group (weekly except when we have therapy)
Thursdays - Free!
Fridays - Free!
Saturday - Tutoring
So, I'm enjoying this week! Our last week of summer dance (only once a week); and no tutoring!
Monday, August 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment