Today was middle school registration. Dee took her first day of school clothes to change into for her school pictures. But changed her mind. She was excited. The big tension was whether she could open her locker...a big first in middle school.
At this middle school, it's only 6th graders. So everyone at the school is new! There are 800 sixth graders. They are broken into teams (or mini-schools). The big question is what team you are on. But since we are new to the school, no older siblings to share light on anything, it didn't matter.
Dee's elementary school assured me that they would break up the drama girls. There were enough teams to make sure they each ended up on a different one. I try to tell Dee that this gives her a fresh start.
We dropped off meds at the nurse's office. I told the nurse that unless she is running a fever or throws up TWO days worth of food, don't call me. She made a note. Then I called Dee over and told her what I told her...and Dee said "Yeah, yeah." So the nurse knows we have been over it before.
Dee could not get her locker open. That's devastating. Then I tried. I know how to open a combination locker. Wouldn't open. The maintenance guys tried six combinations before they got it opened. When we opened it, someone else's supplies were in it. I could only conclude that Dee was given the wrong locker number. When we checked at the office, sure enough, it was a typo. Dee had trouble, but I walked her through and she was able to open it by the time we left. She is super proud. And because she got her locker opened, she is now excited about middle school!
I'm hopeful for my girl. She is pretty focused on boys, and she is quite the drama girl, but I am hopeful she will make leaps and bounds of improvement this school year!
Wednesday, August 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment