Dee is different. I can tell she is maturing. I can also see in recent weeks, she is feeling more at home and more attached. She fights about doing homework. She still will make the wrong choices given a chance. But she is not making a wrong decision just to be contrary anymore. She wants to please. She use to want attention of any kind. Now, she likes the attention to be positive.
She is very good about saying what she needs from me. She wants me to be at the bus stop when she gets on the bus. She doesn't like it if I don't make it to the bus stop before she leaves.
She watches TV, and looks for times to say. "Mom, you are embarrassing me." Even when she says it, she is claiming me as mom, and pointing out we are connected.
School is getting hard for her. She fights to not get her work done. She is learning some, but she is lazy too.
She spent the night last night at the church's youth lock-in. I had a series of texts from her. I thought maybe she was not having fun, but she called as I was getting ready to leave. I asked her if she was having fun, and she said yes.
When I arrived at 3 a.m., she ran past me and spoke. And then hung out a with a group of two girls and two boys. I could tell she was trying to pair off with a boy. But every time she'd look around, I'd be watching. Those things will scare me a lot in a few years.
Today we went to a movie. Her two friends came running up to her. She was not nice to them. I understand. Each of those girls' parents call to drop them off and we do lots with them. But they NEVER invite Dee over or out. I hope she starts to find some other friends soon.
Saturday, September 29, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We're the ones always inviting the other kids to do stuff with us, too. I don't think it has anything to do with Princess. I think a lot of other parents just don't want to be bothered with an extra kid.
ReplyDelete