Tonight, I sit back and think about the day Dee was born. It was a Sunday. I wasn't there. I checked my calendar to see what I was doing that day. I had nothing for the actual day, but since it was a Sunday, I can assume I went to church and Sunday School. But that week, I had two doctor's appointments because I was still pretty sick from my pulmonary hypertension.
Dee often asks me to tell her the story of the day she was born. I can recreate it from the bits I know. I know what time her birth mom went to the hospital, and when she started pushing. So...I tell her around 10:00 the night before her birth mom started feeling funny. She was taken to the hospital. She felt pain off and on all night. Then around 7:00 the next morning, she started screaming, "SHE'S COMING! SHE'S COMING!" And at 7:44 a.m. a beautiful 5 pound 14 ounce, and 19 inch long girl was born three weeks early. She was happy and healthy.
But more recently, she has started asking, "Tell me about my adoption."
I say, "There were tons of kids pictures. And I kept looking for the right kid. Then one day, they sent me the picture of this little girl with braids and a dimple. I heard about how charming and sweet she was. And even though she had some anger problems, I said, "That's my girl. That's the one I want." I ran around the office showing everyone your picture. But it's not that easy. It took a lot of work to be able to adopt you. I did a lot of stuff, and I waited and waited, and bugged people until finally they said you were mine!
Then I met you and you said, "Hi, I'm tall, and I'm going to call you Mommy." That was the happiest day of my life!
Now...my little girl is turning 10! It's her second birthday with me. She is nervous. She said 10 is two numbers and then puberty!
I feel like she is growing so quickly and there is so little time before this child, who I'm just getting to know, flies the coop.
Happy Birthday Dee!!! Love, Mommy
Thursday, May 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment