Dee's friend who spends some weekends with her dad is here. I told Dee she was here. Dee wore a skirt that took a lot of convincing of me that it met the minimum length for skirts in our house. She put on jewelry. She took her purse, and went to play. Then, when she got outside, her bike seat was too hot for that short skirt, so she came back in.
I was watching from the window and saw R, and A (Dee's closest friend on the block) hug because they were happy to see each other. Now, I'd expect when Dee got outside and saw both of her friends, she'd be overjoyed.
Noooo...she looked over at the girls with darts of hate and jealousy. A said something, but Dee just sat there. She pulled her non-working cell phone from her purse and may a pretend call. She got on the bike, off the bike. Sipped some ice, on the bike, off the bike. Then she rode around the block several times until they must have begged her to come play.
I was watching and shaking my head. She's heard nothing I've said about having friends, sharing friends, etc. My little socially inept extrovert...what am I going to do with her?
Saturday, May 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment