Saturday, May 21, 2011

A "Normal" Day

Today we had a normal day.  Not our normal, but the kind of normal that most people have everyday.  We had a clean up day.  Dee is better at it than I am, so I still have work to do.  But her contribution really helped.  She was working off a debt.  Then I took her to buy the hook she wanted to hang her netting for a canopy feel to her bed.

At some point, she took the TV from the basement and put it in her room.  She had a TV in her room once, and it did not work.  She had to hang up a contract to keep it.  It says she must be 100% responsible with the TV.  No TV before school, church or any early Saturday activity.  No TV after bedtime.  No watching any channel I have blocked on the living room TV.   No second chances.

When she prayed tonight, she asked God to let us have more days like this.  To let me know she had made her decision, and she would be a more respectful girl.  (In therapy, she refused to make the commitment.)  She was very happy and loving.  I hope it doesn't scare her and she just continues this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment