It occurs to me that this effort to make Dee feel like she is part of my family and that she has a new mom is wasted effort. Dee doesn't want a new mom. She doesn't want to be a part of the family. What Dee needs is a chance to be the best her she can be however that may be. But it's not just about Dee, I have some say about my needs too. I need to live my life, and it should not always be strife and chaos.
I've spent the past few years either preparing for the child I was going to adopt, or changing my life for the child I am adopting. I didn't expect anything in return, but I did get some things. I got disobedience, disrespect and snottiness. Really...I'd rather had nothing.
Yesterday Miss Dee decided to sneak something to school. Sure, it was day four. I know we hadn't talk about it since day one. She has a see-through book bag, and a see-through lunch bag. I caught the lip gloss. But she had hidden in her emergency kit for her period all of the used gift cards and loyalty cards she collected, and an electronic toy. I threw away the entire kit.
Unfortunately, I had just asked her friend's mother if she could go to the movies with us. So even after I found the stuff, I took her to the movie.
When we got home, I asked about the flashlight I use when I walk the dogs. She had snuck (past tense of sneak) it to her room and hidden it. That was it! I am tired of living in a house full of lies and sneakiness. While I yelled about the sneakiness, she answered with the fact that I knew she was a sneak when I adopted her.
Well....I'm done. I have decided to raise her the best way I can, but not as my daughter. Just as a child in my house. I've asked her to call me Gale. If being my child and calling me Mom is so much stress that she is a thief, then forget it. Be honest, be kind...call me legal guardian.
Saturday, August 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
(((hugs)))
ReplyDelete