I have been both excited and scared at the Christmas Dee was going to have. I would think about how she'd feel when she saw her big gifts and even the little gifts in her stockings. I knew it would mean a lot. At the same time, I was concerned that she would sabotage.
On Christmas Eve, she did try to sabotage. I announced to her that she could try it, but she was not allowed to ruin the dogs and my Christmas Eve. She did not have to participate, but she needed to be quiet, and ride along. After church, we picked up the dogs, and went to look at light. Of course, she acted a fool at bed time. I ended up letting our recorded book read to me, and left her out. I told her the next day, I hope she can join in next year. If not, maybe it will just be my tradition.
Christmas Day, she did well. She pouted some. She showed off a lot at church. But later in the day, when some kids were visiting, I was working on allowing her iPod to text, when she came up and got the new toy. Of course, I had unlocked it to work on.
A little while later, I was reviewing her e-mails, and she had one from Annana. It was blank, but I became suspicious. I asked her to bring her iPod up. She was very protective of it. I said, "I think I may have left internet on it." She said I had. I opened up Internet, and sure enough...in that short time, she was watching porn! I took the thing away. Locked it up and gave it back. I told her I was disappointed because we agreed what she would do if any Christmas present was overwhelming.
Then she started that crazy talk she does, and I took it back. She screamed and yelled and tantrumed. Then she wrote an apology where she just called me Miss Gale. I asked her why, and she said she felt like it. I returned her homemade present. I told her that those special gifts were from mom and daughter, but apparently I got mine from a girl in my house. She then returned mine this morning. She said she did want to call me Mom. I reminded her we have been through this before. It's not an at-will thing. You don't get to choose when I'm your mom or not. It ended with me saying, "You may call me Miss Gale."
I also gave her back her iPod this morning. It is a very expensive MP3 player and camera. I suspect she will lose the camera option soon.
She is probably loving the chaos she has caused. Next year, I will read this and there will NOTHING given to her by me or anyone else that can ruin my Christmas.
Monday, December 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment