Last night at therapy, I spoke with the therapist first. We talked about how Dee is stuck on birth family right now, how she is losing information and her social skills.
The therapist told me that Dee disassociates from conversations, and she knew I knew this. But what I'm apparently not getting is that Dee does not remember any of the conversation that she dissaociates from. So, when she disassociates, I must bring her back with a touch.
Second, she thinks Dee was exposed to drugs and/or alcohol in utero. I agree. Even though there was no note in her hospital birth records, and her apgar scores were 9's, she has all the signs. I did read an article that said apgar scores may not be a good indicator. I think they may not have tested her blood because of the apgar scores. Anyway, she said it would explain why she would completely know something , like which pills she takes, and then suddenly no longer know it.
Dee had a separate session with her. I'm not sure what she talked about, but it was the first time she wanted to meet with her separately. I haven't had any patience, so I'm sure she had to have another place to get her answers.
The therapist told me something that I'm more than aware of. Right now, I'm Dee's whole world. She has other things, but in this world...she just has me to depend on. That's gotta be scary for her!
Friday, December 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment