Monday, December 19, 2011

I Passed!

Today, Dee didn't get up when called.  I finally said, "I'm going to warm up the car, and the car leaves in five minutes."  She knows from experience, the car will leave in five minutes.  Once she waited, and I made her chase me for almost two blocks carrying a ton of things.  So she cam scurrying out, fully dressed, and with backpack.  I was suspicious.

In the car, I told her that I hadn't done her laundry because she did not put them in the laundry area of the basement.  I told her three times yesterday to get that laundry in the right place.

Then we got to school.  She handed me her book bag to check.  I said, "Bathroom."  We walked to the girls' bathroom and I did our strip search.  I made her take off her boots, and I checked her bra and underwear.  I found nothing.  When she was putting her boots on, I checked her coat's hood.  She asked what I was doing and I said, "Making sure you didn't sneak anything in your hood."  She seemed annoyed with the whole process.

After I signed her in, she came and hugged me and gave me a kiss.  On the way to work, I realized I passed!  I made her feel safe by not being manipulated by tardiness into not making sure she respected the boundaries.  She would have punished me if she felt I couldn't keep her safe from herself.  Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment