Wednesday, December 14, 2011

What a Start to the Week....

Monday, Dee's special ed teacher wrote to me said Dee was not focused at all.  Dee declared herself  "Done!" with an assignment the teacher was still giving directions to.  I told the teacher I'd try to scare her straight.  I explained that I thought December was difficult for Dee.  She has been talking about birth family a lot.

Today (Wednesday) she wrote Dee did wonderful yesterday, but today she was needy and whiny.

When I picked Dee up yesterday, I asked if she had changed into her dance leotards.  She answered with such a hateful response:  Yes, I have them on!  [But you have to read it with hate!]  I told her not to say another word to me, and get in the car and when we get to dance get out.

After dance, she was chatty, but I chose not to respond.  I made dinner, and we ate in silence.  Then I told her to take a bath and go to bed.

This morning I asked what she learned from yesterday.  She said, "Not to make you mad."  I said, "No."  She said, "Be respectful."  I told her if she never has another good day, I will not allow her to speak to me disrespectfully.  The sooner she learned, the better her life will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment