Sunday, February 5, 2012

So far behind

I haven't been keeping my blog up-to-date because I've been so tired.  I've been falling asleep before 9:00.  And there's just so much to do.  Let's see if I can remember anything!

Tires
I found out that my tires needed to be replaced.  I didn't want to pay the apparent $600 - $800.  So I've spent too much time thinking about it.  I did find that my front tires were OK for now, so I only replaced the back ones.   It's going to help in a couple of weeks when we make the three-hour drive for Dee's surprise sibling visit.

Doggies
Roxy is doing better, but is not happy.  That makes me sad.  I was hoping that getting those stones out would make her happier.  We have a foster dog, so that does not excite her.  Little Millie is being fostered by Dee.  I know when she gets adopted, Dee will not handle it well because they are hanging out a lot.  Chloe is doing fine.  She is happy and only asks for a little.

Season Inappropriate
Dee is dressing incorrectly for the season at all times.  I have no patience for it anymore.  When it was hitting sixties, she wore snow boots everyday.  Today it snowed a little, and she went bare legged, and wore those little plastic summer shoes with holes throughout.  She is known to put on thing t-shirts, and have asked to wear Capri's. 

Work
Work is super busy.  I need to work more than my regular hours, but I can't because I've been tired.

Dance
Dee has been moved from level one to level three in Hip Hop.  It was a nice e-mail.  They said they felt she was a fast learner and she was doing so well, they thought she could do level three.  She was proud...for a second.  Then she thought about it, and thought about failing, and said, "No thank you."  I had to take an honor and make it a duty.  I told her I could not let her give up in life before she tried.  It might be challenging, but the school thought she could do it.  I told her teacher she did not want to be there.  I threatened that if she didn't try, we'd drop Hip Hop and replace it with math tutoring.  (Yes, I thought that was genius.)  In the end, she had a ball, and has been dancing since!

Girl Drama
It always exists and Dee is always in the middle.  Last week my friend picked Dee up from school while I continued my tire search.  Dee was downcast.  When we met for dinner, Dee continued to be sad.  I couldn't get the whole story but something about someone saying she was "going out with Cody."  And then she had to go see the counselor.  She talked to her therapist, who told her to apologize.  So, I'm not sure all that is involved.  But it's constant, and it's driving me nuts too!

iPod
Dee is not allowed her iPod right now because she misused it at school.  Everyday she sabotages our nighttime routine, she loses another day.  She should get it back for home use on February  11th, but it's up to February 14th now.  She lost a day today.  I heard her crying long after I put her to bed.  I thought something was wrong, but remembered she lost a day, so I let her cry.  She is always testing.

Circle Your Answer
Dee is communicating a lot with note passing.  She will hand me a piece of paper with a question, and say, "Just circle your answer, don't say it.'  Yesterday, it was, "Can we go to the hair store?"  Yes or No.  The answer was no.  I found one in her notebook for me:  Circle one:  I love you.  I don't like you very much this moment.  She didn't give it to me.  But she always wants to see your answer within the realm of her context. 

Ready to start a week.  I need to get a lot done at work because I miss several days after this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment