Sunday, February 26, 2012

Stopping the Slide

After her sibling visit, Dee poked a kid with scissors at school.  So...I took her iPod, and no TV.  Finally, I realized that something would have to give to move pass this.  So I wrote all of her consequences on the white board:  \

She had to make 3 Lists: 
  • 15 Appropriate Answers for "How are you?" or "Where were you?";
  • 15 Answers that are respectful when I call her name; and
  • 15 Proper Uses for Scissors. 

Then she had to write an apology to the following people: 
  1. The boy she poked. 
  2. Her classroom teacher. 
  3. Her special ed teacher. 
  4. The principal. 
  5. Me. 
  6. Her birth brother that she lied on.

She finished them all, and I gave her her iPod back.  Our only remaining issue is whether she is mature enough to move to middle school next year.  I wrote to her teachers and no one responded.  :)

Overall, a much better weekend than I imagined

1 comment: