Originally, we wanted to take part of the tax refund to go to Disney World. Dee, however, is not comfortable with good things. It became very apparent to me that she would sabotage the trip after the first day. So this weekend, we spent the vacation money in other ways.
1. We are booked to fly "home." Home is where my family is. Dee has not met them. We are excited for her to see how I grew up, and to understand her family more.
2. We bought a game system. An X-box 360. Dee loves it!
3. We bought a new TV. Our biggest TV was 19 inches, and really old, so we updated.
4. We replaced our dying washing machine.
5. We went to a movie and got mani-pedis!
I also got a new mattress set, though that was not bought with the refund money.
We spent lots of money and had fun doing it.
Dee was super respectful and obedient. I mentioned how much I loved this responsible girl, and she said, "Well, you better get use to it!"
I have a feeling she does not like fireworks. She wanted to go to a 4th of July carnival until she found out it included fireworks. I think she then overheard me tell someone on the phone that I was going to surprise her and drive her in her PJs to see some nearby. She sabotaged both!
Other than that...it was all fun!
Monday, July 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment