Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Parenting the Hard Way

Today was therapy after a difficult session the past couple of weeks.  What we learned is that Dee has some really mean behaviors when she feels guilty.  I think it's because she does not respect the person who does not catch her in her wrongdoing.  Until I found out she was sneaking and looking at porn, she had no respect for me.

I had to tell her that sometimes I was giving her a second chance.  I let her hear me talk about other things I had caught but had passed. 

I don't think it's fun to parent a child who doesn't like good things, who doesn't appreciate a break...but that's the child I have.  And if I cannot show her every wrongdoing she has done, then she will treat me like dirt.

I told myself today that I need to remember that she can't handle breaks or too much good.  I will revisit this post the next time I've forgotten.

1 comment:

  1. It is hard. Trusting you, means trusting you will constantly put them in their place when they "screw up". We don't cut our girls any slack... and just like you, when we do, we start seeing the nasty, rude, disrespectful behaviors. So I call them to the mat anytime I feel that they need to be, like they are expecting to be really!

    ReplyDelete