My precious little girl has put me through the wringer. I found that on June 30th at a field trip she stole two things. I knew this that day. She has picked a lie and stuck with it. Then I found on July 5th at a different field trip, she stole something else. That was kept hidden until yesterday. She was confronted by me and her daycare worker, and had to confess. On the 8th of July she was caught after sneaking an old used cell phone to school --I had thrown it away once. I took the hammer to it this time (helped with the frustration too). And on Sunday, plotting even before church to steal some mechanical pencils she saw in the Sunday School classroom last week but giving up and attempted to take some note cards and a portable CD player. I'm exhausted. At work today, people kept telling me I looked tired. Hmmm. I wonder why. I mentioned it to Dee, and she said, "Yeah, you have bags."
Her Sunday episode led to tantrums and me leaving her while I ran to McDonald's drive-through. Her tantruming more, and a visit from the police. Losing her new Xbox 360, and a ton of privileges.
Out of the four days for school, she got up once and did her hygiene steps. (So much for the allowance chart.) That's right. I've been sending my child to school with nappy uncombed hair, a dirty face, and unbrushed teeth.
This evening she is in a better mood. She was still disrespectful. She asked why I wasn't making her such cute lunches. I asked her why would I take so much time for a disrespectful little girl.
A friend called to invite her spend the night and go to an amusement park. I can't believe it. Someone actually invited my child! (No friend of hers has ever invited her over. Well one time, one parent did invite her over for two hours, but that's it.) I'm thrilled. But I told her it all depends on her behavior. That ought to buy me some kindness.
Before I agreed, I had to tell the parent how she had to watch Dee. I so wish she didn't come with fine prints.
I better get to sleep. I want to enjoy my week, and I have to get rid of these bags!
Tonight was better. She was her pleasant self. Let's hope it is better for us all!
Thursday, July 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment