Sunday, July 31, 2011

I don't think you're going to be successful

Yup...that's what Dee said when I announced I'd be cutting back on calories to lose weight.

About 8 years ago, I was at my ideal weight.  Now...I'm 80 pounds over!  That's an extra 10 pounds a year, except 30 - 40 pounds of it came on right after my hysterectomy.  I've attempted to lose it but usually didn't feel like it.  But I'm at it right now in full force.

My company is participating in a city-wide challenge, and I signed up.  My 10-week goal was officially 10 pounds.  My real goal is 20.  At the end of week one, I had lost four pounds.  A good start.  I hope for something similar in week two before I start losing the 1 1/2 pounds a week my caloric intake should allow me to lose.

I'm really motivated this time because of my darling daughter.  I could say it's because I want to show her that I can make effort to change just like I ask her to do;  or I want to be a healthy example for her.  But really, it's because when I started, she said, "I don't think you're going to be successful at this."  I want to show her never under-estimate me.

I just count calories, and have been doing fine with it.  Dee doesn't like it though.  She is often trying to tempt me with higher calories food than I need. :)  I'm quite certain at the end, it will make an impression on her if I'm successful.  Good motivation, huh?

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Gale! It's hard work. I too am trying to loose, but with kids and a household to run, it's certainly difficult.

    ReplyDelete