Saturday, July 2, 2011

Turning 50

My 50th birthday was this week. My little girl is usually very thoughtful, but she only wants to be on her own time! She does not like it when she is not the center of attention. After having a huge celebration at work, I came home birthday-ed out. We had agreed to celebrate at home the day after.

Dee made my cake the day before my birthday. While neighbors were visiting, she decided to frost it alone. I've never seen anything like it! She somehow took off the top of the cake, and was frosting the inside. It was horrible. I didn't even take a picture...I threw the cake away. I must say, this year she sabotaged unconsciously versus her normal decided sabotage.

I did buy ingredients for her to try again, but it's so hot! The Schwan's lady came, and I bought an ice cream cake. We celebrated. I told her I deserved a good birthday. And I let her hear me tell friends on the phone that deserve a good cake and a good birthday. I made the nachos she planned to make me for my day. I just talked to the dogs, and let her hear me celebrate with them.

Dee did try to give me a gift from a game arcade. I did not take it because the gift was bigger than the amount of tickets she should have had. I didn't know if she stole it, stole the tickets or what.

We planned to repeat the trip to the arcade to watch her earn enough points. She explained the next day how she got so many points. I let her know that I still did not feel it added up, but let it go. Dee does have about $40. However, she was absolutely unwilling to use any of her money for a gift. Normally, I'd like anything, but since her money is precious to her, I would have like to see her sacrifice some of it for my gift.

We established since she turned 10 and I turned 50, let's just assume I am smarter or at least as smart as she is.

On a happier note...the doggies gave me the George Foreman grill I've been wanting. They set an example for their sister!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment