Dee had $24. That's a lot when you are 10 years old. She was looking through the Sunday newspapers. Did you know you can get a smart phone for free!!! After learning about contracts, she found a prepaid phone that fit her budget. She asked if she could have it. In a moment of weakness, I guess, I agreed.
It was a moment of weakness because we discussed that she could have a phone when she went to 7th grade. I felt if she didn't get to spend her money on things really important to her, it would be not so fun to have money. I told her to think it over. Consider that if she used it inappropriately that I would throw the phone and her $24 away.
She thought about it and we went phone shopping! Dee got a $19.95 Tracfone. The girl assured us that she blocked the web. She asked how many minutes I wanted to buy. I call Dee over. She said none. The girl said without minutes, you'll just have a phone to play with but no communication. Dee told her that's what she wanted. I brought a happy girl home. After research, I found that the web was not blocked.
So today, we did the whole trip over. Returned the phone, and bought a different one at a different store. Despite the fact I have tons of education under my belt...I managed to miss that phone too also has internet. I'm so angry with myself. I do not think Dee will be able to do anything on the web since she doesn't have a data plan. Any effort will burn her minutes before she can connect. But I'm so frustrated with myself. Dee is overjoyed! She began to have buyer's remorse and is even happier with phone #2.
I do see a different little girl right now. She prayed in her nightly prayer for God to not even let her want to try to be sneaky. (It was good to see what her heart wanted.) And she prayed that she could prove me wrong. I pray the same thing.
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment