When Dee woke up on Monday morning, she was not excited to go to school. She was grumpy because she knew she had to face the music for her actions on Friday. She knew she could get suspended. And she was not pleased about taking apology letters to the teachers.
I admonished her when I dropped her at daycare, that people are more likely to accept an apology of a kind and pleasant girl than a grumpy and mean one.
E-mails flew that day from teachers saying she was having a great day. The Assistant Principal called. He did not suspend her, but did a good talk with her. He is also the principal at the middle school, so he told her about the consequences there.
When I picked her up, she said, "Mom, did you hear I turned my day around?" She was so excited! She refused to do anything that would mess up her day.
The next day, I gave her my words of wisdom, and she said, "Don't worry, I'll have a great day. I turned my life around!" Cool, I thought.
She went on to have an excellent day.
Thursday, September 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Go, D!
ReplyDelete