I actually left my cell phone at home, and I was sure she did not have it. Our system of checking her bags and making sure she didn't have pockets really gave me a sense of calm.
When we got home, a little girl from down the street knocked on the door. She asked if Dee could come out to play. Before she was done talking, Dee yelled down the stairs, "No!" I said, "She has gymnastics, and we are about to eat dinner." Then I heard Dee say aloud, "I don't even know why she is here." I kept talking to the little girl. But I was angry and disappointed in Dee.
Why did she say that? First, she was talking out loud, and probably didn't know she said it out loud. Or maybe she did. When she came down, I confronted her. She didn't say anything.
I know she is mad because the little girl who came over, "A" was playing with the girl Dee is forbidden to play with yesterday. So Dee is angry that didn't drop the friend. She is very possessive of her friends. But in trying to hold on to "A," she was mean and probably has lost another friend.
At night time, she wrote me a very sweet note:
From: Dee-a-roo
To: Mom-a-roo
PS - You are everything I have to love.
You are a rock.
Dear Mom,
Thank you for being the best mom ever. And thank you for being there for me when I need help with my sadness or something like that. I love you.
Sweet note!!! L is very possessive of her friend's, too, epecially her BFF. It gets very tiring for eveyone involved.
ReplyDelete