We are having a very peaceful weekend. Dee is acting near normal. She is not causing drama. She understands that things are processing in her. She is ready to stop the process. She told me she heard a voice that told her she just needed to forgive her birth mom and not hold a grudge. I told her that was ideal. Anger and bitterness inside us makes us do mean things. When we forgive, we can move on. And...if we love someone and forgive them, our heart feels better.
She is much happier right now. I am sure we will revisit all of this again in a month or two. It's not over, but it is a big step.
She still owed me $6 from stealing my stuff. She told her therapist she needed to pay me but she didn't want to give me all of her money. So they agreed she'd give $4 of her $8. She couldn't bring herself to do it. But after spending a dollar, she just handed me $6, and said, "My debt is paid." I agreed. Now, she is working hard to earn some money. That works for me.
I also told her today that her trust level is between 2 and 3 on a 10 scale. She was thrilled that she is no longer at zero. I reminded her how long it takes to build trust versus how quickly you can lose it.
But overall, our house is peaceful. It's so nice! Dee asked if we can have a foster child. I said, not right now because I don't have any more time to give. She takes more than her share.
Sunday, September 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment