I had a call from the Children's Division on Friday. I thought it was about renewing my foster license. But no...when I called today, it was about interviewing Dee about possible past sexual abuse. A family member is the one they are investigating, and it sickens me.
My little girl will not like talking negatively about her birth family. I think she may feel betrayed. She will have to face a ton of memories she doesn't want to face. I don't want to face them either.
Do I have a moral obligation to help make sure this doesn't happen to someone else or not? If it were me, I'd be glad to go through the interview, but it's not me. It's a little girl, who may or may not have experienced something, and may or may not remember something.
I think I'm going to have a stroke.
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's a tough call. I have recently had to make a similar decision regarding physical abuse allegations against former foster parents. I decided against allowing her to be interviewed. Actually she told me clearly she didn't want to talk to anyone about it, even my buddy Michelle Obama. Maybe talk to D first and get a feeling for how you think it will impact her?
ReplyDelete