I knew she would be so excited by all the vendors. She would NEED a t-shirt, NEED a light, and NEED some food. So, on the way there, I gave her $20. That's your money, I said, use it on anything you may want. She bought one $4 cotton candy. Things always look different when the money is coming out of your pocket. Who knows how much I saved? A little t-shirt alone was $25. But Dee doesn't know that...she never glanced that way.
We enjoyed the concert which ended at 11:00 p.m., so we had trouble getting to church for the 8:00 service, which I like to attend. We made it to the 9:30 service, and Sunday School at 11:00. Not without some arguing because Dee was very against waking up this morning!
Tonight I was watching a DVD we rented and Dee never seemed to want to watch with me. A breaker tripped, and when I tried to re-start the DVD, I somehow started the VHS. In the VHS player was a video I never saw. I opened it up, and Dee was standing there. It was "Dirty Dancing." Someone threw a bunch of VHS tapes away, and Dee asked if we could take the Dirty Dancing one. I said, "No." She asked why and I told her it does not sound like a video we want to watch in our house. So....she just snuck it. She believed it should not be held against her since it did not happen today.
I told her she has lost trust in playing outside alone, (and she just got that back), and she lost trust in watching TV. She is constantly reminded that trust is easily lost and difficult to gain.
She is trying to buy me off. She started keeping a behavior chart on me a couple of days ago. So, today she told me I have earned $2.10.




No comments:
Post a Comment