Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Act Your Age

I noticed that Dee is acting more and more like a two- or three-year old.  She is not exactly bouncing back from her moods like she use to.  She seems to be teetering on the edge, waiting still for something to happen.

I told her yesterday if she continued to act like she is, then she will get privileges to match the age she is acting.  For instance, she is acting 3, then she will have the privileges of a 3-year old.  That is no sleepovers, no watching TV alone, no cell phone, etc.

The other thing I noticed about her is that she can be perfectly fine, but the minute she heads to the car or the house she becomes moody.  I pointed it out to her by telling a friend on the phone.  It's annoying!  Her answer to her nasty attitude is, "I didn't say that."  And my answer to her is "Action speaks louder than words."

She's been trying to be sneaky.  She did homework in homework helper where she just copied someone else.  When I made her re-do it.  She had a fit, and she didn't know how.  After I taught her and she was able, she started running around saying she was smart.  She tried to sneak the phone today.  The alarm on it went off when I called to tell my boss I was running late because of her.  She thought I would not notice that she grabbed it, and she was going to keep it.  I just stood by the car waiting, and when she turned.  I asked her if she forgotten something.  To her credit, she dug around in the car and pretended to get it from there.

Roxy
Roxy is not feeling well.  I may have to take her to the vet on Friday.  She is just laying around.

Chloe
Chloe is perfectly happy getting food from me and Dee and eating what Roxy doesn't eat.

Better go!  I have a girl to pick up from dance class.  Attitude Shield:  Check.  Mean Mom Voice:  Check.  Whiney Ear Plugs:  Nope.  Oh well, better go anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment